- Message from the President
- REGISTER for America's PrepareAthon!
- About America's PrepareAthon!
- Know Your Hazards
- Explore Supporters
- Other Resources
- Recognize Yourself
- Provide Feedback
- Add an Event
- America's PrepareAthon! Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Manage your Profile
About America's PrepareAthon!
America's PrepareAthon! is an opportunity for individuals, organizations, and communities to prepare for specific hazards through drills, group discussions, and exercises.
The second National Day of Action is scheduled for September 30, 2014 and will revolve around taking the actions to prepare for these four specific hazards:
The goal of this campaign is to increase the number of individuals who:
- Understand which disasters could happen in their community
- Know what to do to be safe and mitigate damage
- Take action to increase their preparedness
- Participate in community resilience planning
What can I do?
- Register to participate in America’s PrepareAthon! and provide details about the activities you’re planning.
- Plan your own local community or organizational preparedness event
- Participate in discussion forums online with like-minded community members
- Learn the actions to take for disaster preparedness and practice them!
Where can I find more information?
- For more information about disasters, preparedness, and ways to get involved in America's PrepareAthon!, click here to access the America's PrepareAthon! Fact Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions.
Stay in Touch
Twitter: @PrepareAthon follow the conversation #PrepareAthon
To move people to action, the President, through Presidential Policy Directive (PPD-8), has directed all federal agencies to work with their stakeholders across the country to “coordinate a comprehensive campaign to build and sustain national preparedness, including public outreach and community-based and private-sector programs to enhance national resilience…”